Attention All Wiener Dog Owners!
1. Okay, so we admire Greyhounds as much as the next guy, but fair is fair. So only genuine, low-to-the-ground Dachshunds (Real Wiener Dogs) will be allowed to race. And we reserve the right to determine which dogs are wieners, and which dogs are not.
3. You must be a local resident to participate in the Wienerschnitzel Wiener Nationals (WWN) in your area*. You can only participate in the WWN race that is closest to your place of residence. A valid driver’s license is required.
4. You can register your dog(s) to race in only one WWN race per year.
5. Each dog owner may win only one WWN race per calendar year.
6. You must be the registered owner of your dog to race. Proof of ownership may be required.
7. You must be 18 or over to participate, or a have a legal guardian present. A valid driver’s license may be required to show proof of age.
8. Dogs must be on a leash at all times (except during race).
9. Owners must clean up after their dogs! Please bring along your own “clean-up” gear.
10. Two people must be available during the heat; one at the race gate, and one at the finish line.
11. You may use a toy or treat to entice the dog, but you must stay at each end until your dog comes to you! The toy or treat may not be thrown or tossed. No loud devices, laser pointers or anything that may be distracting to other dogs/owners.
12. You may NOT run along side the dog.
13. Your dog may step out of bounds but must re-enter and completely cross the finish line, within the boundaries, without being grabbed. If the dog is touched by the handler before completely crossing the finish line, the dog will be disqualified.
14. We reserve the right to disqualify any pet/owner for behavior deemed inappropriate.
15. ALL JUDGE’S DECISIONS ARE FINAL.
16. Failure to abide by the rules above will result in disqualification.
17. You MUST have FUN!
*The area you live in is defined as your “Designated Market Area” or DMA as defined by Nielsen Media Research.
Rules are subject to change per race and race venue. Any questions or comments, please contact us at email@example.com
Questions? Tyler Minnis @ 626-397-9911.